Tuesday, February 10, 2009

check this out, dude

so i've been working on this new art project...actually it is more than one project! i got this awesome postcard collection from goodwill (thanks, tyler! he hooked me up), and some friends and i have been painting on the original images. i tend to cover the image completely and add in stuff here and there, while others like to highlight certain parts of the picture. they are fun and awesome and colorful and i love them. i keep them near me all the time and don't want to stop looking at them, so i won't.
i'm not sure yet what i would like to do with them. i was thinking about selling some at art crawl, particularly at the Boone Bike Initiative. i think part of the proceeds would go toward the initiative...either that or toward the boone skid marks chapter (fingers crossed!!). man. bike gang. how rad.
i KNOW right???

anyway. i have no idea if i want to sell them or not. i also have no idea how to display them other than to put them up here, but for now i am just enjoying taking them out of my pockets and showing them to everyone.
special thanks to alex, ash, lydia, and tyler for helping make these bad boys. you guys rock.


lydia



lydia


alex
(i like to call this one "$ea Mon$ter")


me


lydia


ash



me
this one's my fav (i like the mermaid boobs)



me



ash



another one i did, but i gave it to frank for his birthday before i got a chance to scan it. OH WELL
on the back, it said, "dear folks, having a lovely time in DC..."

3 comments:

Cannon Taylor said...

are these SCANS? the color chromas and saturations are really luscious.

Anonymous said...

I. Love. Them.

Also, I've been to Ghiradelli Square.
Mmmm.

Summer said...

THOSE ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY COOL.